Length: 22 days
Dates: 27 October – 14 November, 2019
Price: $3,595 USD or £2,760 GBP
We are launching our first trip with Pasang this autumn. This is a fantastic opportunity for trekkers and hikers who are keen to learn some technical alpine skills and make the transition into high-altitude mountaineering, while climbing a genuine 6,000m peak.
Pasang is one of only a handful of Nepalese UIAGM-certified mountain guides. Basic mountaineering training will be provided as part of this trip for anyone who needs it. Pasang will teach all the skills needed to make a successful ascent of Chulu Far East, including rope work and use of ice axe and crampons.
Chulu Far East (6,058m) is one of the easier trekking peaks in the Himalayas. If you are looking for an enjoyable and active holiday, this is a trip for you. The Chulu massif rises north of the Marsyangdi Valley on the popular Annapurna Circuit trek, in the Manang region of Nepal. We will follow the standard route up Chulu Far East, which is a very gentle snow slope. The summit ridge is narrow and exposed, but we will fix a rope for safety.
But it’s not just about the peak. This trip includes a stunning trek along much of the famous Annapurna Circuit trail, passing through many different climate zones as we walk from Chame to Jomsom. We even cross the Thorong La pass, which at 5,416m is the high point of the Annapurna Circuit.
From the top of Chulu Far East, we will see the beautiful views of Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Manaslu, Gangapurna, Chulu West, Pisang Peak, the north part of Himlung Valley. This trekking/mountaineering trip offers a taste of everything the Himalayas have to offer, from trekking through different climate zones to the rewarding experience of climbing a 6,000m peak.
Dates and itinerary
27 October (arrival in Kathmandu) to 14 November (international departure), 2019
- Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,350m) and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2: Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Chame (2,700m). 9-10 hour drive.
- Day 4: Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,200m). 5-6 hour trek.
- Day 5: Trek from Pisang to Braga (3,300m). 3-4 hour trek.
- Day 6 and 7: Basic mountaineering training at Braga and an opportunity to explore the area around Manang.
- Day 8: Trek from Braga to Julu Khola (3,500m). 3-4 hour trek.
- Day 9: Trek from Julu Khola to Chulu Far East Base Camp (5,000m). 5-6 hour trek.
- Day 10: Trek from Base Camp to Chulu Far East High Camp (5,500m). 3-4 hour trek.
- Day 11: Summit Chulu Far East (6,058m) and descend to base camp. 8-9 hour climb and trek.
- Day 12: Trek from Chulu Far East Base Camp to Manang (3,550m). 5-6 hour trek.
- Day 13: Trek from Manang to Phedi (4,050m). 4-5 hour trek.
- Day 14: Trek from Phedi to Thorong La high camp (4,200m). 5-6 hour trek.
- Day 15:Trek from Thorong La high Camp to Muktinath (3,700m).
- Day 16: Trek from Muktinath to Jomson (2,750m).
- Day 18: Drive from Jomsom to Pokhara (1,400m).
- Day 19: Drive from from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,350m).
- Day 20: International departure as per flight schedule
Price: $3,595 USD or £2,760 GBP.
Included in the trip fee
- Professional guide
- Climbing permits
- Porter support
- Insurance for climbing guides and porters
- Hotel transfers in Kathmandu
- Site seeing in Kathmandu in private vehicle
- Kathmandu valley tour guide fee
- Conservation fee
- Up to three nights hotel lodging in Kathmandu and a night in Pokhara
- Drive from Kathmandu to Chame. Return drive from Jomsom to Kathmandu via Pokhara
- All food and lodging during the trek to base camp
- Group climbing and camping equipment
- All porter support to and from base camp
Not included in the trip fee
- Travel insurance
- International flights to and from Nepal
- Kathmandu personal expenses (apart from those included above)
- Personal equipment
- Tips for local staff and guides
- Soft drinks, beer, bottled water, internet, and assorted extras bought in teahouses during the trek to Chulu Far East
- Expenses incurred as a result of an early departure from the expedition
- Expenses incurred due to delays beyond the control of the organiser
Contact us about this trip
If you are interested in joining us or would like more information, please send an email to email@example.com or fill in your details below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.